Sewing Basics I (January 10th to February 28th)
Sewing Basics I
January 10th - February 28th
Thursdays, 6 - 9 pm, 8 weeks
Location: EcoEquitable Classroom, 404 McArthur Avenue
Instructor: Erin Boule
Max class size: 8
Join us for our comprehensive beginner course! Learn how to sew while exploring the world of fabric, commercial patterns, alterations, and classic sewing techniques.
- Operate a sewing machine.
- Sewing techniques (stay stitching, ease, darts, pleats, and more!)
- Properly press and iron garments for sewing
- Take proper measurements
- Identify and use various types of fabric, thread, and interfacing
- Select the right fabric for your project
- Work with commercial patterns (and pick the pattern that best compliments you!)
Have more questions visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable unless there is a wait list for the course and the course can be run with full attendance.