Sewing III Advanced (January 9th - February 27th)
Sewing III Advanced
January 9th - February 27th
Wednesday 6 - 9pm,
Location: EcoEquitable Classroom, 404 McArthur Avenue
Instructor: Sonja Vermeulen
Max class size: 8
Have you ever wanted a dress made by you and is fitted just for you, then this class is just for you?
In this class you will learn how to
- What measurements you will need to take for your dress
- Selecting your pattern size, making alterations to your pattern
- Determining what style of garment fits your body
- Choosing your fabric, and lining according to your desired garment
- Cutting out your fabric and lining, preparing your fabric for sewing
- Sewing neck edges, setting a sleeve
- Finishing your hems, gathering fabric, single, double fold and bias binding
Students will need a domestic sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing kit at home to practice and complete their garments
EcoEquitable will supply the sewing machine during class as well as fabric when possible.
All materials needed for the course are included in the class fee.Homework will consist of about 3 hours per class
Prerequisites: Sewing Basics II
All materials needed for the course are included in the class fee.
Visit our FAQ section.
Written notice of cancellation may be processed with a full refund (minus a 10% admin fee) two weeks prior to the course starting. Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course are eligible for a 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable unless there is a wait list for the course and the course can be run with full attendance.